FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash Newbie!

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin Williams
Flash Newbie!
on Dec 3, 2005 at 7:07:00 pm

I am just now starting to teach myself Flash. I am well-versed in photoshop cs, FCP 5, AE 6.5, and illustrator cs but Flash 8 is the next beast for me to tame. I am also somewhat familiar with html and Flash video encoding and such.

I created a layout for my Flash site in Photoshop then imported that into Illustrator and am now wanting to import this illustrator file into Flash to begin "teaching myself." The fonts are not translating even though the actual font is being read in Flash, it is not correctly showing that font on stage.

After doing this I soon realised I probably need a tutorial to help get me going. Can someone recommend a good Flash tutorial for someone who is experienced in all the other programs and wants to explore Flash for websites.

Thanks,
Colin Williams
osx 10.3.9, powerbook 1.25ghz, studio 8, adobe cs suite, fcp, after effects 6.5, sorenson squeeze suite 4.1

Return to posts index

LeeBrimelow
Re: Flash Newbie!
on Dec 3, 2005 at 9:55:30 pm

Here is a great list of Flash tutorial sites...

http://www.franto.com/blog2/collected-flash-tutorials-sites

Lee

Return to posts index

Sam Mallery
Re: Flash Newbie!
on Dec 15, 2005 at 7:30:56 pm

Hey Colin,

I'm thinking about trying to learn Flash myself. I need to spruce up an old website I made entirely with Photoshop and Imageready. My background in software is very similar to yours with the exception of After Effects.

Is it very difficult to learn? How is it going so far? Should I take a class in it or just try and figure it out for myself?

Thanks,

Sam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]