FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animating lines and outlines

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ponyack
Animating lines and outlines
on Nov 22, 2005 at 3:16:01 pm

Hi,

very new to the world of Flash. What is the best approach to animating lines along a defined path? I want to create the outline of an image. I have been trying to find a comprhensive tutorial but have had no luck so far. I know how to do this with After Effects and Illustrator but I am now at the begging of learning Flash. okaym, thanks for reading this post and any help would be cool

ponyack

Return to posts index

Sher Ali
Re: Animating lines and outlines
on Nov 23, 2005 at 10:37:17 am

That can be done using masking.
place the outline of the image on the layer
to be masked and the animate a rectangle or some
other shape in the mask layer from any side over
the shape to reveal the outline.

Sher Ali,
Interactive Media Developer

Return to posts index

ponyack
on Nov 23, 2005 at 3:43:18 pm

Sher

thanks for the input i will get to work on this.

Ponayck

Return to posts index

machinetwelve
on Nov 24, 2005 at 6:42:44 am

Masking can be tough if you have lines crossing and stuff. If the outline's not too big, You can just slowly erase it frame by frame using keyframes then reverse the frames by selecting them all and right clicking then selecting "reverse frames". Just make sure your lines are clean. I've used this on a big project [http://www.machinetwelve.com/productdesign/cescachair.htm](animated walkthrough section) and Researched this hoping to find an easy way using guides and masks, but I found it easier to do it by erasing frame by frame, then reversing.

Return to posts index

ponyack
on Dec 22, 2005 at 3:52:01 pm

Sorry it took a while to reply but i got caught up learning how to do pop up windows in Flash
Anyway, thanks for the reply. I like the idea about working backwards, it seems like you would have more controll. I have also checked out the cesca chair, very cool. Thanks for the tip.

Ponyack

ps I also liked the short about the hacker, nice job

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]