FORUMS: list search recent posts

navigation question - help!

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter S
navigation question - help!
on Nov 20, 2005 at 8:08:54 pm

I'm trying to set up navgation for a site where I can have incoming and outgoing animation for each page as they switch. Sorry, this is a dumb newbie question but if anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it.

This is as far as I've got. I've initialized variables on frame 1.
varwelcome = "yes";
varpage_one = "no";
varpage_two = "no";
varpage_three = "no";
varpage_four = "no";
varpage_five = "no";

then i've set out each page on its own section of the timeline and created the opening and closing animation with a stop action between the opening and closing animation of each page. At the end of each page I've set the variable varwelcome = "no"; varpage_one = "no"; etc for each page.

i've put frame labels on each page section: 'welcome' 'welcome_out' 'page_one" and "page_one_out" etc. and I've set up my 5 buttons and placed the code on the first page thus:

_root.btn_01.onRelease = function () {
if (_root.varpage_five == "yes" {
with (_root) {
gotoAndPlay ("page_five_out")
if (_root.varpage_five == "no" {
gotoAndPlay ("page_one")
and so on for each button.

I can switch from page to page fine, and I get the opening animation but I can't get the exit animation to show when I test the movie. What I want each page to do is to play the out animation of the page that's on the stage AND THEN go to the frame label of the page requested by the button. But I don't know the form of code to use to achieve this. Clearly the second if statement is taking over and switching to the new page before the exit animation has had a chance to play out.

If anyone can help me out with the correct form of the code, I'd be much obliged. Thanks. Peter

Return to posts index

Peter S
Re: navigation question - help!
on Nov 21, 2005 at 6:13:30 pm

Thanks. Someone on another forum sorteed me out on this, so I'm resolved on this question. P

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved