FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intereactive on a Memory Stick

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Intereactive on a Memory Stick
on Nov 16, 2005 at 5:02:13 pm

Hey all,
I'm doing a CD-Rom project for a client with several menus, videos and photos and links. (Also doing a DVD of same) and now client wants to know if they can get it on a Memory Stick. Is that possible? Will it play from the card or should I make it install on their computer? Do people do this?

Return to posts index

Re: Intereactive on a Memory Stick
on Nov 16, 2005 at 5:37:21 pm

Hmmm, I've never heard of having an application on a memory stick but it might work if you try putting the autorun.inf file on it like you do on CDs.

Return to posts index

Re: Intereactive on a Memory Stick
on Nov 16, 2005 at 7:56:06 pm

Well, all things being perfect you shouldn't have any trouble. I'm not sure if the autorun.inf will work like Lee suggested. I think it would on WinXP, but I don't think Win2K looks for autorun on anything other than discs. I regularly put flash projector files that are full screen (1024x768) at 30 FPS with full images moving/fading/spinning and what not timed to music (MP3&128 mono) on various USB Thumb drives for others to proof and they have always played just fine provided they have USB2 and a fairly new (like withing the last 2 years) computer. I'm not sure what the transfer rate of the Memory Sticks is, and I'm sure it will depend to some degree on the card reader used to access the files, but the only difference we ever notices was a slightly longer time for the projector to start once it was run.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the Memory Stick is not Read Only by nature. I'm sure there is some way to flag it as read only, but it won't be fool proof so it's possible that a user could damage or delete the files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved