FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why don't texture files replace?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Morton
Why don't texture files replace?
on Jan 25, 2020 at 1:41:37 am

It seems like every time I need to make a new version of say, a label texture that I've changed, when I go to the material and "load" the new texture, it doesn't replace. I have to re-name the new texture, rather than letting it replace the old version. Seems like C4d wants to remember the original. Quite a pain sometimes. Am I missing something?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Why don't texture files replace?
on Jan 25, 2020 at 4:44:31 am

it replaces the texture if the name is different from the last one. If you are editing an image that's already imported and you want load the latest version, click on the image name in the Texture slot, that takes you to the Bitmap Shader dialog and click on Reload Image there.

Return to posts index

Rick Morton
Re: Why don't texture files replace?
on Jan 25, 2020 at 3:32:22 pm

Thanks. I'll try that. Maybe you can answer another one...
How can I set up an image file that I know will "fit" the object I'm going to place it on with the material? Say I have a bottle, like a shampoo bottle. I create a "label" in Photoshop and just want to put it on the bottle. When I add the image to the material, then put the material on the object it's always all over the place. I have to do major reactions in offsets to bring it to the right place and size it to fit. But it's not reducing in proportion so I'm never sure if the image I end up with is the "actual size" of the label I created. Does that make sense? I try the cylinder, frontal, etc. and they're all always pretty screwy. Am I just doing something totally wrong?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]