FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: cloner, object mode, surface and selection tag - not working

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve Bentley
Re: cloner, object mode, surface and selection tag - not working
on Oct 6, 2019 at 8:10:09 pm

Thanks for responding guys, I was on the middle of doing things in the complex file and hadn't made a simple version yet. And when I did,I got one that worked (sort of) and one that didn't (attached).
In the first you can see the kind of distribution I want (but incorrectly on poly center) and what I'm getting with surface selected and a selection tag. The "base" object is closer to the shape I'm working with in the big file. Do the poly's have to be quads for this to work?

In the second example this works (sorta) but other than Quads I can't see what is different. But perhaps it's not actually working and its just a fluke., The selection tag does limit the clones to those polys but if you change the seed in the cloner, the clones go everywhere. It also isn't distributing the number I've asked for.
What have I missed? I know I've done this before hundreds of times.

I know I could do this with a texture and the Shader effector but given the model l'm spreading the clones on that's easier said than done. But writing that has given me an idea. Let me know what you think and I'll report back on the now-rested brainwave.

13781_surfaceselectioncloner.c4d.zip

13782_surfaceselectionclonersortaworks.c4d.zip

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]