FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting Hair as an Obj for Element in Cinema 4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Blanda
Exporting Hair as an Obj for Element in Cinema 4D
on Jan 14, 2019 at 5:50:41 pm

This is driving me cray! I've scoured the inter webs for a week trying to flatten this speed bump but to no avail. So...

I desperately need at least one swatch of fur or hair for a model I'm animating in Video Copilot's Element 3D plug in, which means the hair must be exported as an obj. I know this means the hair must be converted into polygons but, with my rudimentary knowledge in Cinema 4D for hair, I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

I found one or two "solutions" on various forums that are closed and far too vague. Whenever I followed the simplistic suggestions to make the hair editable, the hair would simply disappear and when I export as an Obj, again, the hair disappears.

Again, I've already created beautiful fur, now I just have to somehow make it an Obj to import into Element 3D. Is this possible and does anyone have anymore of a comprehensive, effective suggestion to accomplish this?

So much appreciation to the person who may be able to solve this and, of course, anyone even willing to try.

Return to posts index

Emir Bojorquez
Re: Exporting Hair as an Obj for Element in Cinema 4D
on Jan 14, 2019 at 10:26:48 pm

You could
1.- Select the Hair >>>> Generate >>>> and select one option frome the dropdown menu (like flat)

2.- Make it Editable and export

Hope that helps, good luck

Imagination is the best tool...

Return to posts index

Jay Blanda
on Jan 27, 2019 at 12:50:18 am

Emir, you are amazing! This worked perfectly! Thank you so much for taking your time to help me and include that tut gif, sooo helpful.

JB

Return to posts index

John Balazs
on Oct 7, 2019 at 7:02:18 am

Im in the same position. Did you ever find a solution for this?

Return to posts index

Emir Bojorquez
on Oct 7, 2019 at 4:03:48 pm

You need to convert the hair to polygons, Element 3D does not have a hair support
Take a look at the answer, it has a Gift showing you the steps

Good Luck

Imagination is the best tool...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]