FORUMS: list search recent posts

coloring the clones using random effector

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Syed Iqbal
coloring the clones using random effector
on Jan 9, 2017 at 4:40:06 pm

Hi friends,
I brought some 15 png images into c4d using image2plane plugin which are basically symbols of various objects of everyday life and have alpha/transparency onto them.
My client asked me to apply random colors on each image. I tried to use color mode of the random effector but the images/pngs which reside inside my cloner hierarchy as child are not being affected. Also note that the image2plane plug in not only created textures in my texture manager but has also added a texture icon next to each plane within the cloner hierarchy.

Thanks a lot and I hope there will be a way out to resolve this.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: coloring the clones using random effector
on Jan 10, 2017 at 4:48:01 pm

I don't know if it will give the kind of effect you want but you can use the Variation shader. And I don't have the plugin but a bunch of planes under a Cloner is what I think you have.

Select all the materials for the planes in the material manager. That should show Material (x Elements) in the Attribute Manager. The Color tab should already be selected - the Texture slot should say <> click the arrow button to the left of that and choose Effects/Variation. That will put each separate image into a variation shader. Do a Render - the effects of the variation shader do not show in the viewport.

With all the materials still selected now click on the <> that will take you to the settings for the Variation (for all the materials at once). You can fool around with the settings in there to see if you can get something you need.

Return to posts index

Syed Iqbal
on Jan 10, 2017 at 6:29:44 pm

Hi Brian,
Your suggestion has worked like a charm and I am able to change the texture color of all the planes in one go while still maintaining the transparency of my plane object. I guess I need to further explore this in order to have random colored cloned objects. Attached are 3 snapshots to give you a more precise idea of my progress that I have made with your kind assistance.

Again, I am now trying to figure out which effector should I use random or shader effector in order to colorize these cloner objects randomly.

Below are the snapshots.

Regards,
Syed

Step-1 (when I simply imported the images using image 2 plane plugin)

Step-2 (following Brian's tip picked variation effect)

Step-3 (following Brian's tip to change the colors of all textures in one go)

Return to posts index

Syed Iqbal
on Jan 10, 2017 at 6:54:47 pm

Hi again,
Finally this has been resolved. Actually there were few settings within the variation shader which when adjusted gave me the desired randomness of colors.

Thank you once again for rescuing me Brian.

Regards,
Syed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]