FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I make an equation define an object's movement through x and y axis?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hisham Arazi
How do I make an equation define an object's movement through x and y axis?
on Feb 7, 2016 at 4:17:53 pm

I want to make an object move in unison to an equation i can define. Like if I say y=sin(x), an object will move up sin(x) units, move right x units. I know I can use the vibrate tag and make it have a regular oscillation, but this doesn't work in my special case for a function like y=|sin(x)| because the oscillations slow down as they reach the top, then stop, then accelerate as they reach the middle, etc. I want the object to accelerate as it gets to the top and then bounce back with the same speed, then as it reaches the bottom it slows down like a regular graph. It's hard to explain. But is there a way other than manually doing everything point by point?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: How do I make an equation define an object's movement through x and y axis?
on Feb 7, 2016 at 8:41:24 pm

You can use the mograph Formula Effector in Deformer>Object mode.

Return to posts index

Hisham Arazi
on Feb 8, 2016 at 8:50:27 am

Okay, that gets me one step closer, thanks! But now that I have the object and the mograph/effector/formula set up with my equation, how do I make it so the object moves in respect to the equation? I've set the effector as a child of the object (a sphere) and checked position as on, went to deformer tab and set it as object. I pressed play for the animation to start working, but nothing seems to move. I must be doing something terribly wrong, any hints?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Feb 8, 2016 at 4:02:30 pm

Does it work with the default Formula Effector equation? If so, it must be something to do with your equation or syntax.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]