FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question about CV-Artsmart plugin ant logo importing

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Naglis Ramanauskas
Question about CV-Artsmart plugin ant logo importing
on Dec 1, 2014 at 10:05:10 pm

Hi, I have a problem I can't seem to find the answer to. I want to import a logo, which I have in jpeg format, into Cinema 4D using the Artsmart plugin. To do that I have to convert my jpeg image to .ai file and the open it in Artsmart. I have already tried to save the JPEG to psd, then import it to Illustrator, save it(or firstly trace image and then save it) and then open it in Artsmart in C4D. This doesn't work and nothing shows up in C4D. I suppose it is because it is not a genuine .ai file, as when I try to open a illustrator file that has been created entirely in illustrator, everything works fine. It also works if I export the paths to illustrator, color it and then open it in Artsmart, but this way I cannot see the original colors and the paths are very inaccurate. My question is how to do this properly. I would very much appreciato your help :)

Return to posts index

Nathan Clark
Re: Question about CV-Artsmart plugin ant logo importing
on Dec 2, 2014 at 1:02:40 am
Last Edited By Nathan Clark on Dec 2, 2014 at 1:03:40 am

Hey Naglis,

I'd guess that once you traced the jpeg you didn't hit the expand button. Hitting the expand button will commit the trace results to shapes. Perhaps that will produce a file that artsmart likes? Outside of that, make sure you have read all the artsmart documentation and ensure that your illustrator file meets its expectations.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]