FORUMS: list search recent posts

Selecting polygons.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Javier Lopez
Selecting polygons.
on Aug 19, 2014 at 7:07:16 pm

Good afternoon gentleman,

Can anyone please provide some advise on how to selecto the inside polygons of the following bottle inside Cinema 4D, I had attempted to use: Select, loop selection, edge mode, selecting the first polygon inside the bottle, select, fill selection and then click on the interior, but it selects the entire image, any advise much appreciated.

Thanks.

P.D. Attached are the links for the snap shots.

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Selecting polygons.
on Aug 19, 2014 at 8:19:57 pm

I'd make an edge selection at the top edge and use Fill Selection to select the interior polygons.

If the exterior/whole object is selected in that process then the bottom of the bottle is not connected as I'd expect. Check the geometry at the bottom of the bottle to make sure that the interior polygons don't connect to the exterior polygons there (e.g. another mouth of the bottle at the bottom).

If it's supposed to be open at the bottom then you'll need 2 edge selections, one at the top and one at the bottom, before filling the selection.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Javier Lopez
on Aug 19, 2014 at 10:17:09 pm

Hello Darby,

First of all thanks for your time, I am new to C4D, I had tried your technique but no luck I still getting all the polygons, attached is my scene file, what I did is: draw a spline around a reference picture and later I had applied "Lathe", "Cloth Surface" and "Subdivision Surface object" that's how I had create the model, if you can, please check the model.

7887_bottle.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Aug 20, 2014 at 12:23:57 am

There are extra polygons that are not properly connected at the bottom of your bottle. I selected the internal ones and Collapsed them, then selected the external ones and Collapsed them.

Here's a fixed bottle:

7888_bottlefix.c4d.zip

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Javier Lopez
on Aug 20, 2014 at 1:49:46 am

Darby,

You are the men, awesome, thanks for your help!.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]