FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to properly bevel type in cinema 4d?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Adamson
How to properly bevel type in cinema 4d?
on Jan 21, 2013 at 11:46:28 am

Hi,

So I realise that because of space constraints, altering the fillet of the caps doesn't always work properly when bevelling type. I'm trying to get some nice bevel on a rather complex font and so I'm wondering what the best way to do this is. The obvious choice was to use "offset path" in illustrator than use a loft nurbs to get the effect I'm looking for, but this yielded some very... odd results.

Basically I'm wondering how to do this: http://planetpixelemporium.com/tutorialpages/bevel.html in Cinema 4D R13. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: How to properly bevel type in cinema 4d?
on Jan 21, 2013 at 4:47:29 pm

are you looking to still do the splines in Illustrator? If so it should be basically the same in 13.

Return to posts index

Tim Adamson
on Jan 23, 2013 at 1:45:27 am

Well I tried but that tutorial uses a much older version of Cinema 4D as far as I can tell. I don't see any 'connect' option other than the connect object (which doesn't do what the 'connect' function does in the tutorial) and there are a number of other functions throughout the tutorial that either don't exist in R13, or are replaced with different functions that I don't know about...

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jan 23, 2013 at 4:35:33 am

"Connect" is now called Connect Objects and in 13/14 it's in the Mesh/Conversion menu (or you can right-click on the splines in the Object Manager and select Connect Objects from there) the icon has not changed I think. In 14 there is an easy search for commands (Shift-C), in 13 you can still search in Window/Customization/Customize Commands

Return to posts index

Tim Adamson
on Jan 26, 2013 at 3:59:39 am

Thanks, this seemed to work for the most part, except for the fact that I'm now getting these unusual curved interpolations between obtuse angles.

Here's what I mean:

For some reason the bottom of the 'A' doesn't seem to want to cooperate.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jan 26, 2013 at 5:37:24 am

can you post the illustrator file?

Return to posts index

Tim Adamson
on Jan 31, 2013 at 5:30:27 am

I think that's the way to attach things... And I was pretty sure I went over the point count multiple times but I suppose I could have miscounted.

Thanks for the help by the way.
5345_halotypetreatment3.ai.zip

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jan 31, 2013 at 3:28:32 pm

lots of problems with extra points some are pretty obvious (but hard to see if you've been staring at it all day) and some you really have to zoom in tight. I found a few in Illustrator but had to find the rest in C4D where I can get point counts more easily (at least for me) to make sure the inner and outer bits of each letter had the same point counts etc.

Problems were here

fixed in C4D file.

5350_halotypetreatmentfix.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Tim Adamson
on Feb 1, 2013 at 1:28:32 pm

Oh thank you so much!

I'll be sure to quadruple check that next time :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]