Re: Attach a spline point to an object

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jack Cook
Re: Attach a spline point to an object
on Mar 26, 2008 at 1:47:16 pm

Hi Karl,

This is actually fairly easy using Xpresso. I'm not an expert with Xpresso by any means, but this is one thing I can do.

First, a little preparation: make a null object, and make it a child of the object you want to attach. You could probably do it without the null, but I find this gives more freedom in attaching the object.

Now to Xpresso. Put an Xpresso tag on either the spline or the object (it doesn't really matter where it is). Open up the Xpresso editor and drag in the spline object, and the null that you made a child of your object.

In the Spline node in Xpresso, on the right side (the blue side) click the blue block and choose Object. This will put in an Object port on the right side of that node.

In the Null node, click the blue box and choose Coordinates>Global Position>Global Position. A Global position port will appear.

Now right click in the editor and choose New Node>Xpresso>General>Point. This makes a Point node. On the left of the Point node, click the red box at the top and choose Point position. Go to the Object manager, and with the Point node selected set the point index to the number of the point on the spline you want to attach the object to (you can get this from the Structure Manager).

Now connect the Spline Object port to the Point Object port, and the Null Global Position port to the Point position port, and your done. When you move the object that point on the spline will move with it.

Good luck.
Jack

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]