FORUMS: list search recent posts

Feedback me on my edit reel? :)

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
leona yung
Feedback me on my edit reel? :)
on Feb 18, 2018 at 9:40:26 pm

Hey guys, Looking to get back into editing, have put together a first edit of my showreel. A lot of the work is from University, so i'm out of practice for the past 3~ years.

Would love some feedback on it. It's not finished, I'm planning on having lower thirds to show the project name and role, hence that temp banner. I'd like to have this as just a generic showreel, as i don't know what specific genre of editing i'd want to get into? Just something to show off for applications and get some feedback on the general flow! Mucho thanks!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Feedback me on my edit reel? :)
on Jun 5, 2018 at 4:37:08 pm

The problem with the reel is it doesn't show off your editing skills. It just tells me you can edit a montage. An editing reel should just be some sections of different videos you edited. I would show around 20-30 seconds if not more of each section. It needs to be enough time for me to see how you used editing to tell your story and if the cuts work or if they are distracting. That is what I want to know if an editor can do before I hire them. Hope that helps.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]