FORUMS: list search recent posts

How To Make an Effective Demo Reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Joseph
How To Make an Effective Demo Reel
on May 12, 2014 at 4:51:36 pm

Hi CC, I made a demo reel many years ago and I'm going to update it to make it perfect so I can get hired for future video editing/Motion GFX jobs. I got accepted to a program that trains students to make promos for television. Even though I got accepted using my old reel, I want to retool it so I make a better impression. I ran into a site premiumbeat and they said:

"10. BE MINDFUL OF ASPECT RATIOS

As a full-time editor this is one pet peeve I’ve developed over the years…seeing different aspect ratios slapped together on the same timeline without regard for how it looks. Yes, you may have done some projects in both 4×3 and in 16×9. And yes, you should showcase both if they are examples of quality work. But when you combine aspect ratios in the same program (or demo reel) be cognizant of it! Put a frame around 4×3 footage when it appears in a 16×9 frame (or at least add some stylized sidebars). This shows an added level of professionalism."

My question is: How to Make Stylized Sidebars for 4:3 footage and stretch 16:9 content to make it fit? My Resolution varies from NTSC to 1080p and the frame rate varies as well. Can you help?

Here's the link for the article: https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/top-20-tips-for-creating-a-successful-demo...

Return to posts index

David Howard
Re: How To Make an Effective Demo Reel
on Aug 7, 2014 at 7:43:18 am

A cool effect that I have seen is when you blur the original footage and stretch it to 16:9 and then put the 4:3 version over the blurred footage. Kind of gives it a romantic look ;)

Hope this helps

Redefined Media

Video Production Sydney

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]