FORUMS: list search recent posts

What to title myself in my demo reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samuel Abrams
What to title myself in my demo reel
on Feb 4, 2014 at 11:46:47 pm

I am a videographer/editor who is relatively new in the industry and I have some questions about updating my demo reel. My issue is that Im not sure what to title myself in these projects, since I do not want to mislead potential clients.

Since November of last year I have been part of the editing team for "Alaska State Troopers" on Nat Geo and I certainly want to make this clear in my reel. I've never gone out in the field and shot for this show, however for most of my other freelance projects (weddings, promo vids etc) I do all the shooting. Is it acceptable to use footage I didn't shoot from an episode I edited as long as I only add "Editor" in the lower third? I would put "Videographer/editor" under the works I shot.

Also I am curious about what folks have to say about using unlicensed music in my reel as I've heard mixed thoughts. My understanding is that as long as I do not publish on a video sharing site and only share with clients as a private, un-downloadable file via google docs it would be okay. Definitely do not want to make that mistake if it is not. (I would ask permission from my boss to use the Nat Geo footage as well.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Sam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]