FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing Reel - please destroy and tear apart

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Matthews
Editing Reel - please destroy and tear apart
on Feb 8, 2013 at 2:12:46 pm

Hi, please tear apart my reel at -

I am in progress of working on more non-reality material to add, but otherwise please let me know how I can improve.

I'm thinking of bleeping out the curse at the end, and sprucing up my "2012 REEL" title card by re-doing it in After Effects. (Instead of FCP's crappy title tool) Thoughts? I'm concerned it is missing even more than that.

I started using this on mandy a few weeks ago and have not had much success. (Just quit my full-time job to pursue freelancing) I am using this to apply for a variety of edit jobs - documentary, scripted, etc.

Return to posts index

Matt Maltese
Re: Editing Reel - please destroy and tear apart
on Feb 23, 2013 at 1:40:01 am

Hi Roger! lol. Since no one is responding to this yet, I will chime in.

I think it definitely needs to be a little longer, maybe consider having a 15-30 second montage with some awesome music to draw people in. And of course a nicer title with your name would not hurt.

Even if it's spec stuff or stuff you worked on for free at the top, it will at least show potential employers that you are actively working on projects.

If I was a producer looking at your reel, the main concern I would have is that the reel is super short and there are only 2 or 3 pieces on it so it leads me to believe you haven't edited much, which of course isn't the case.

I'm working on my reel now as I type this so I'll be in the same boat soon as well. Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]