FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Advice!!!!!

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Matluk
Need Advice!!!!!
on Aug 28, 2012 at 2:32:59 am

I am looking for some advice...For the past 2 years I have been working as a video editor for a television Network and edit primarily 15, 30, 60 second network promos and episodic promos, as well as 2-3 minute sizzle reels and affiliate video. I am well versed with graphics but have not created many with this past job. Basically, I am in need of a new reel, but am not sure how to put it together. Should I create a 'collage' of promos? Like my best 15 and 30 second ones? Or use my best 60 second promo for our 3rd quarter launch? Or perhaps a network Sizzle Reel? I am looking at being hired as a video editor at another company. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
-Kevin

Return to posts index

John Grote, Jr.
Re: Need Advice!!!!!
on Aug 28, 2012 at 2:41:05 am

Kevin,

A demo reel is used to showcase what you have done in the past and things that you can do. In most cases it is the best of the things that you have done. I've seen demo reels that are just about a minute long that wow me and then again I have seen reels that seem to go on forever. My suggestion is show case what you think is the best of your work for the company you are looking to get hired by.

Give them maybe a teaser of a multitude of things (highlights) to a piece of music and after that a couple of your finished pieces so that they get the idea of what your talents are.

Cheers,

John Grote, Jr.

J. Grote, Jr.

Return to posts index

Kevin Matluk
Re: Need Advice!!!!!
on Aug 28, 2012 at 2:46:13 am

Great Advice John, Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]