FORUMS: list search recent posts

Demo reel query.

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Willis
Demo reel query.
on Aug 13, 2012 at 12:44:44 pm

Hi there!

I'm a recent Media Practice graduate and I'm looking to make a demo reel (either in AE or Premiere but that isn't important). I have three projects that I have done, and a few more in the pipeline, and I was just wondering if this is enough for a showreel? And how best to show my skills and interests with a showreel so sparse.

Any help would be massively appreciated. Here is my Vimeo page where you can see the three videos that will be included.

https://vimeo.com/nerdwillis

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Cornell
Re: Demo reel query.
on Aug 14, 2012 at 8:08:34 am

Generally most reels should not go over 2 minutes and should capture one's attention within 30 seconds. Though quantity is nice since it shows how versatile your skills can be, remember that quality is more important. If you have only have 3 projects, show the best parts of each one. Most people will understand if you haven't done a lot, especially right out of school so be confident in what you have and get something out there.

Whether it's one project or several, definitely whip up something so you can at least be able to show something if the opportunity arises.

Hope this helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]