FORUMS: list search recent posts

Demo Reel for new production company

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shameka Hall
Demo Reel for new production company
on Jun 6, 2012 at 4:39:04 pm

I have been reading through old posts and have yet to find the answer to my question (I may not have gotten to it yet, but I will ask my question anyway).

My husband and I have started a full service video production company and I do the marketing and getting jobs and projects (we both market, but that is my job description while he does the filming, editing, etc). I want to send out information about our company to businesses and potential clients, and I was going to send a demo reel, but I am not sure what should be on the demo reel.

Should it be different for the different prospective clients? For example, we do sports highlight videos, so should the demo reel be a sample of a sports highlight video? For potential brides, should the reel be a sample from a wedding we just finished? For a business, should it be a prior video done for another business client (with their permission, of course)? Can all of these examples be put on the same reel?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions. Also, I appreciate any other advice that you can provide.

Shameka Hall
High Mountain Films
http://www.hmfilms.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]