FORUMS: list search recent posts

College student looking for demo reel advice!

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Migliori
College student looking for demo reel advice!
on Feb 22, 2012 at 2:41:52 am

Hi all!

I've been turning to this site a lot more as I've been getting more and more into filmmaking and its whole creative process, but now it's my turn to look to you for help! I'm a rising senior at the Rhode Island School of Design, majoring in Film/Animation/Video (with a focus in live action). This summer I am applying to loads of internships, but most of them are for post-production houses. I've reached a sort of Catch-22 because I am looking forward to internships to generate quality content, but I need quality content to get an internship!

I'm looking for any kind of advice as to how to best show off editing abilities and WOW an interviewer as fast as I can, since I don't have a lot of content. I do feel I have the expertise and the knowledge, but am just lacking in a consistent stream of example work (only about two years of stuff to show). If anyone can offer an words of wisdom, (especially actual interviewers!) please let me know what it takes to really show what you can do, regardless of whether it is the most beautiful footage in the world.

Thanks for your time,

Andrew Migliori

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]