FORUMS: list search recent posts

Improve my Demo Reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Bennett
Improve my Demo Reel
on May 18, 2011 at 6:42:35 pm

Hi,

Hopefully I'm posting this in the appropriate area.

I need some help putting together my demo reel. I have a demo reel that i have been using in the past, but I feel its time to update it.

You can view it here:

I've been working as a videographer and editor for about five years now, but the majority of my editing has been for only a few clients, either editing fairly dull talking head type material, or corporate videos, and prepping it for web sites, or working in the adult film industry.

The other issue is that the majority of the material that i DO have access to put into it, is standard def from a few years ago, and we live in an HD world.

I feel like its really tough to show my editing abilities in a demo reel. Should I just focus on showing off more of motion graphics and color correction abilities? What kind of things are employers really looking for in a demo reel?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Improve my Demo Reel
on May 19, 2011 at 7:55:53 pm

OK...Videography...motion graphics...those can be montages. But to show off editing, you need to show full scenes...or sections of scenes. Things need to play out. That is the only way people can judge your editing ability. Because anyone can edit a montage.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]