FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please Critique my Demo Reel - Need Feedback ASAP

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ferlon Webster Jr
Please Critique my Demo Reel - Need Feedback ASAP
on Aug 25, 2010 at 1:19:11 am

Hello everyone, I am new here to the forums on creative cow, but have been browsing for the past year. I am in school now for video production, and I have experience from volunteer work as a studio camera operator and my internship where I edit, and do ENG videography/photography work. I'm getting a lot of experience (I think) and I just put a demo reel together to try to obtain a photojournalist position somewhere (I'm going to apply everywhere, I don't graduate until October but I'm still applying now). Please critique the demo reel if you will, be as honest as you can, because I am looking to learn and grow and be the best I can be in this field. Thanks a lot in advance and here is the link to my demo:

I'm really just looking to see if I'd seriously be considered by an employer looking to hire a photojournalist (or some might call the position a news photographer, or videographer) with this reel.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Please Critique my Demo Reel - Need Feedback ASAP
on Aug 26, 2010 at 11:07:41 pm

Ferlon,
It looks great to me, keep in mind I don't work in the News business anymore. I'm only thought was I'm not sure if you want the gardening piece in your reel that was at the end. It seemed blown out and not color balanced. There is nothing wrong with a short reel. Best of luck finding a job.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Ferlon Webster Jr
on Aug 27, 2010 at 1:45:43 am

Thanks a lot Stephen I really appreciate your input! I know what you mean about the garden scene, it is blown out, at the time I was just learning how to expose, and I blew it! But I think that is a good idea to remove, thanks again!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Aug 27, 2010 at 1:55:02 pm

You have great stuff in your reel, my fear is that it is pretty much the last thing you see. When I got home after seeing the reel, that is the thing that kept sticking in my mind. I think it is like seeing a movie with a really cool opening action sequence and then the closing action sequence is okay. Because of that it takes the whole movie down a notch and you keep thinking about the end and not the beginning. Good luck breaking into the biz.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]