FORUMS: list search recent posts

Beijing Exotic Trailer

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Dolan
Beijing Exotic Trailer
on Jun 9, 2010 at 5:34:01 am

Folks,

Just completed a (very) short trailer, produced for the purpose of generating interest in a documentary/video about exotic cars in China... primarily to give potential contributors some idea about what we're trying to do.

It's short, so there's not much to comment on, but constructive criticism is appreciated nonetheless.

Chris Dolan

Return to posts index

Chris Dolan
Re: Beijing Exotic Trailer
on Jun 9, 2010 at 5:36:52 am

Um, yeah- it might be helpful if I provided a link to the trailer, eh? :-)

http://reels.creativecow.net/film/beijing-exotic-trailer

Chris Dolan

Return to posts index

Chun Lim
on Jun 10, 2010 at 12:03:25 am

The fast edits are cool and represent the cars pretty well. The canned animation presets on your typography take away from the project. Presets are great when they are integrated into the design. Using a preset as your only device to get the text off screen is easily spotted and shows you hit a button as opposed to animated.

Also, I am not entirely sure what you were trying to convey with the filter on top of the cars. It didn't seem to have any purpose other than treating the video for the sake of treating the video, there was no tie in of the effect to the rest of the piece. Now if you had a title treatment that incorporated that effect into a design then the effect would have purpose. Right now it seems superfluous.

You also used the affect on top of beauty shots of the vehicles, which does the cars a disservice. Keep the cars looking beautiful and don't diminish their look with the pixelating muddy filter.

I am also a newbie to this forum so take my opinion any way you like.

Return to posts index

Chris Dolan
on Jun 15, 2010 at 2:43:22 pm

Excellent!

That's what I like: Honest, constructive criticism!

In keeping with the honesty theme, I'll admit I really don't know much about text animation and just used some Motion templates for the titles. Any suggestions on how to improve?

I've cleaned-up the over-use of filters and tried to make it more uniform.

Thanks for the input.

Chris Dolan

Return to posts index

Chun Lim
on Jun 15, 2010 at 8:40:48 pm

I would just simplify your moves. Simple slides and perhaps a supporting effect of movement but a subtle one. If you need ideas look at video game trailers, especially racing games. See how they did their text. Look to Gran Turismo or Forza though, some of the other games are too adrenaline packed and probably won't match your vid. Hope this helps.

Grew up in NY, came to understand life in CO and now making his mark in NV. Currently an Art Director for a media production company. Keeping in touch with the design and community.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]