FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which reel do you prefer? Any comments Appreciated!

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Matluk
Which reel do you prefer? Any comments Appreciated!
on Apr 23, 2010 at 5:56:55 pm

I made two showreels, a shorter, attention grabber, and a longer, slower paced reel in case my potential employer would like to see more of my work. Looking for any comments on timing, music, transitions, etc. IS this a good reel or should I look into created something different?

1ST Reel

2ND Reel

Return to posts index

Scott McQueen
Re: Which reel do you prefer? Any comments Appreciated!
on Apr 24, 2010 at 5:29:24 pm

The extended version gave me time to examine the work you're doing, really see your great craftsmanship. The music was also more alluring in the 2nd one. You seem to have a bit too much work for a 68 second reel.

Return to posts index

Kevin Matluk
on Apr 24, 2010 at 8:07:37 pm

Thank you for your comments Scott. Do you think I should extended it even more to show longer clips of my work? I thought in a showreel I would want to show my best work in a short amount of time to grab the viewers attention.

Return to posts index

Scott McQueen
on Apr 27, 2010 at 8:43:13 pm

1:30 to 2:00 is fine for a show reel (if the time is used effectively), 68 seconds made it seem rushed.

A longer version probably won't be necessary, as that would be a secondary step for possible clients and they'll likely want to just see the full work on specific pieces that sparked their interest.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]