FORUMS: list search recent posts

Demo Question-Content?

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Woronko
Demo Question-Content?
on Dec 6, 2009 at 10:49:19 pm

I'm trying to update my demo. I have watched others and there seems to be no standard way to do it. I've read that if you are a Director, Editor,Cinematographer, etc., that you should have a demo and resume for each position. Most of the work I've done, I've been the jack of all trades. I've also read that that's not always a good thing, so should I only list 1 position per project, at least on a resume.

I've just gotten really frustrated because I can't figure out what people want other than the best work. It just seems I'm missing something.

Any ideas, clues, help?

thanks in advance.

Stussey
http://www.masscontrolmedia.com
FCP6,DVD Studio5,Motion3,PhotoshopCS,
Dual 2.3G G5,2G RAM,1.5TB Storage

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Demo Question-Content?
on Dec 10, 2009 at 2:02:23 pm

I think it depends. I work for a small company of 5 full time employees. The more you can bring to the table the better. And a reel with all of your best stuff would be much better. I don't know but would imagine that a "big" outfit would want to know what you can do for a specific job. They can always ask for more and you can always put text on the reel to spell out what you specifically did on each segment. I would put together an all encompassing reel and be ready to customize it or take things out at a moments notice. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]