FORUMS: list search recent posts

Demo Question-Content?

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Woronko
Demo Question-Content?
on Dec 6, 2009 at 10:49:19 pm

I'm trying to update my demo. I have watched others and there seems to be no standard way to do it. I've read that if you are a Director, Editor,Cinematographer, etc., that you should have a demo and resume for each position. Most of the work I've done, I've been the jack of all trades. I've also read that that's not always a good thing, so should I only list 1 position per project, at least on a resume.

I've just gotten really frustrated because I can't figure out what people want other than the best work. It just seems I'm missing something.

Any ideas, clues, help?

thanks in advance.

FCP6,DVD Studio5,Motion3,PhotoshopCS,
Dual 2.3G G5,2G RAM,1.5TB Storage

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Demo Question-Content?
on Dec 10, 2009 at 2:02:23 pm

I think it depends. I work for a small company of 5 full time employees. The more you can bring to the table the better. And a reel with all of your best stuff would be much better. I don't know but would imagine that a "big" outfit would want to know what you can do for a specific job. They can always ask for more and you can always put text on the reel to spell out what you specifically did on each segment. I would put together an all encompassing reel and be ready to customize it or take things out at a moments notice. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved