FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for feedback on my company open

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ariane Fisher
Looking for feedback on my company open
on Sep 29, 2009 at 8:30:41 pm

Our company edits client's (consumer and small business) photos and home video. I uploaded the 12 second opening video clip to the feedback section of the Cow. The opening clip is what plays just after the FBI warning when you stick the DVD into your player.

http://reels.creativecow.net/film/reeltimedvd-company-open

Some background:
The project was "complete" until I received some feedback that it would look better with a photo in the final scene instead of an Illustrator rendering. Having spent most of the day searching for an acceptable royalty-free photo, downloading them, and realizing they wouldn't work in this scene, I'm looking for some more feedback. The royalty-free photos that I've found are all very contemporary spaces, so clean that they almost look like they were done in Illustrator. The concern is that you can't really tell the subject is a flat screen tv in the photo without a DVD player or other ancillary equipment.

Thanks much.

Return to posts index

Tami Rotchford
Re: Looking for feedback on my company open
on Sep 30, 2009 at 8:02:42 pm

Hi Ariane,
Where would we be without last minute feedback on "complete" projects! Sorry if this is too obvious, but have you tried iStockphoto? Would something like the photo 3072283 or 9590783 work, maybe layered over a textured wall for depth? Or the clip 9536582 run backwards and eased to a stop before pulling out too far? Best of luck.

Return to posts index

Ariane Fisher
on Oct 1, 2009 at 4:25:47 am

Thanks so much for looking through iStockphoto. That's exactly the site whose photos I've been trying. It's hard to get a feel for the composite using a free super-low-res download, so I bought one and put it in the scene. It looked rather cold and uninviting. The ones you suggested might work a little better. I'll play with it over the next few days. Out of curiosity, what search terms did you use? I didn't see those tvs on my search for flat screen, living room, and family room.

Return to posts index

Tami Rotchford
on Oct 1, 2009 at 3:13:46 pm

Kinda goofy, but when "flat screen" didn't give results, I tried "lcd tv". Go figure. I know what you mean about cold, your illustration's set dressing was much more inviting.

Return to posts index

Ariane Fisher
on Oct 9, 2009 at 10:42:28 pm

Thanks so much for your help. I went with a more comfy living room set up using LCD as the search term on iStockphoto. Here's my alternate version.

http://reels.creativecow.net/film/reeltimedvd-company-open-alternate-versio...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]