FORUMS: list search recent posts

Gamma in the web site

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rafael Amador
Gamma in the web site
on Jun 11, 2009 at 10:00:54 am

Hi all,
I'm not much happy with the gamma of the picture.
When I put together the clip I've uploaded with the one in the web site, the one one in the web-site looks washed out. Is displayed with lower gamma.
Why?I've uploaded a .mov and I't haven't been no re-compression.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Nobody else see any difference?
on Jun 12, 2009 at 5:57:22 am

Nobody else see any difference between the clip before/after uploading???????
rafael

Return to posts index

John Grote, Jr.
Re: Gamma in the web site
on Jun 12, 2009 at 2:15:32 pm

Good day Rafael,

I'm not sure what we are supposed to be doing here? Could you please be a little more specific as to your instructions? Are we supposed to be looking at your website or something else? What video are you talking about with the gamma problem? We can only judge what is posted to the web unless you send us a file so that we may compare the two files.

From what I see on your website, on my computer it looks fine.

Now if you want some feedback about what you have posted, I'll oblige in that. The images are wonderful, I like the vignette around them, I find that very useful when wanting to draw people to something in the frame. I also like the music choice, it lends a nice flavor to the piece. A couple of things that bother me are, you don't use any dissolves. A couple nice slow dissolves would work nicely with the images and the music. I noticed what could be considered jump cuts. They really don't work in a piece like this, to harsh. Also, I feel that you haven't taken advantage of the music, there are some nice changes within the music and you could chance the pacing and shot selection within the up tempo parts of the music. I'm not saying you have to changes shots on every drum beat, but you could pick up the pace with cutting a little quicker to add some drama to the overall video.

Cheers,

J. Grote, Jr.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Gamma in the web site
on Jun 12, 2009 at 4:40:06 pm

[John Grote, Jr.] "Now if you want some feedback about what you have posted, I'll oblige in that. The images are wonderful, I like the vignette around them, I find that very useful when wanting to draw people to something in the frame. I also like the music choice, it lends a nice flavor to the piece. A couple of things that bother me are, you don't use any dissolves. A couple nice slow dissolves would work nicely with the images and the music. I noticed what could be considered jump cuts. They really don't work in a piece like this, to harsh. Also, I feel that you haven't taken advantage of the music, there are some nice changes within the music and you could chance the pacing and shot selection within the up tempo parts of the music. I'm not saying you have to changes shots on every drum beat, but you could pick up the pace with cutting a little quicker to add some drama to the overall video. "
Hi John,
First, thanks for having a look and say something about the clip. My friends and family runaway when I tell them; Come to have look to this..:-)
I really appreciate your comments. You are right that I should have put a bit more of time and imagination with the editing. The pictures are nice and the music allow to do things more interesting.
I will have some holidays soon so I may try.
About the Gamma Shift:
I took those screen shoots putting side by side the .mov that I uploaded yesterday with the original H264. You can see:
- In the left of the picture the original.
- in the right the COW video player.

With this one I made a funny crop.
The Gamma shift is huge.
I guess is a matter of the player.
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]