FORUMS: list search recent posts

question about some of the techniques used in the demo reels

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Valcaniant
question about some of the techniques used in the demo reels
on May 28, 2009 at 10:09:38 am

The reels were totally cool. There are very talented people out there.

I have a question about some of the techniques used.

Are there any available tutorials on how to do the techniques when the video clip is sped up, slowed down or when a video clip of a person is placed on another background. I am using FCP and want to expand my video skills.

Thanks for your assistance.

Return to posts index

Neil Samuels
Re: question about some of the techniques used in the demo reels
on May 28, 2009 at 9:11:24 pm

The one question you asked was about people being in separate scenes following scenes. The technique normally used is either green screen or chroma screening or Rotoscoping. Green screen is where the subject is recorded against a green screen or some chromatic background and then that color is replaced by another image by using a technique called chroma keying. In this way a subject or object can appear to be in as many scenes as is required. However. Rotoscoping is an art in which the subject is masked on a frame by frame basis from another background. the subject can then be placed into any other scene. The biggest issue with these techniques is lighting and that the lighting match the new scene. If it does not it will appear phony or obvious. But if the lighting is corrected it will look close and may even seem invisible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]