FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please Give Feedback on My First Demo Reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Stefankova
Please Give Feedback on My First Demo Reel
on Apr 17, 2009 at 8:41:31 am

I would appreciate any feedback you might have on my very first demo reel. It is done in After Effects with some small bits in 3DSMax and Particle Illusion. I'd love to get into junior compositor/vfx artist position.How would you rate my chances of landing a job with this demo reel? What should I improve?

Sorry for the Vimeo, I just started working on my own web page.

Thanks a lot! Any comments mean a lot to me :-)

Anna Stefankova

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Please Give Feedback on My First Demo Reel
on Apr 21, 2009 at 4:56:08 pm

Great work. I feel the demo reel starts out really strong and then loses it when we see the Star Trek stuff. The bar has been raised so high on that stuff it really needs to be amazing. So I would take out that section. On the Boat night scene lower the opacity even more on the light reflection of the boats in the water. I love the before and afters, that's good stuff. I would try to shorten a lot of the clips, for example, the boat shot felt long. I thought it was cool once I saw it and didn't need to see what felt like the whole shot. But what do I know. All in All, very cool. Keep up the good work and best of luck in the job search.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 22, 2009 at 9:32:10 pm

By the way, don't give up. The economy isn't the best...but if you keep at it you'll get where you want to be. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Return to posts index

Anna Stefankova
on Apr 24, 2009 at 8:34:16 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I will rearrange it and give some thought to the length of some of those shots.And thanks for encouragement :-)
Anna

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 24, 2009 at 8:57:57 pm

Awesome!

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Return to posts index

Johnathan Throbins
on May 24, 2009 at 6:54:39 am

The beginning is too slow. I almost didn't bother continuing but the quality looked okay so I waited. The explosion on the space ship looks terrible. The scene with that boat looks awesome. A lot of the text you put up there wasn't really time to read it nor was what it said relevant I believe, but it made me try to see if you were saying something. I'd try to use less of that.

Looks like you've got some good stuff going on though.
Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]