FORUMS: list search recent posts

Demo Reel Advice

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Burke
Demo Reel Advice
on Apr 9, 2009 at 10:56:31 pm

Hello All I have two demo reels right now. One of my professional Work , and another for my Indy/Student work.I think there good, however I can't seem to get offered work anywhere (aside from unpaid internships) I apply for Trailers, Features, Shorts, Mobile Content, everything and hardly get any responses. I was wondering of I should add a third to my website for just VFX/Motion Graphics. If you guys could check out my Website and give me some feedback that would be great.

There on this website:

http://www.gregburkepost.com

Thanks to all!

Return to posts index

dewan edwards
Re: Demo Reel Advice
on Apr 10, 2009 at 5:38:57 am

Hi Greg, I am not in the biz professionally, actually trying to get at least a half step to were you've been already. but I wanted to say that your reel was good. I would take of the student stuff as it takes away from your pro work. Maybe if you want you could add that to like a friend sharing site but not for potential clients to see. It just takes away from the high quality work you have done. Also it wouldn't hurt to add a VFX reel, but maybe someone with real experience can give you some deeper advice. Anyway I thought it was good

Return to posts index

Andrew Ford
Re: Demo Reel Advice
on May 19, 2009 at 8:28:01 pm

I liked the video/site. However, I think you may need to do more to compete with peers in your area. Show more of your body of professional work. Quicker clips with exciting pace and music. Show your photoshop skills, your animation skills, and your motion graphics skills. Your resume is impressive, so let your site and video be also.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]