FORUMS: list search recent posts

First ever demoreel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew donaldson
First ever demoreel
on Mar 19, 2009 at 1:42:48 pm

Hi,

Here is my first ever demoreel, I'd love some feedback from some of you guys on here!

http://www.bootcutters.com/yangtribe.html

All critisism appreciated!

Andrew-

Return to posts index

Trent Whittington
Re: First ever demoreel
on Mar 20, 2009 at 1:56:38 pm

Hi,
Great music and editing, only thing I would change is to maybe put 1 or 2 more different clips in to shorten the amount of Barclay's video. Other then that I really enjoyed it.

Trent Whittington - Currently studying Associate Degree in Digital Television

iMac - 24inch 3.06Ghz, FC STUDIO 2, Adobe Production Premium CS4.
Asus eee - 8.9inch 1.6Ghz 1Gb Ram, Windows XP

Return to posts index

andrew donaldson
on Mar 26, 2009 at 9:13:14 am

Trent,

Im sorry I thought i replied to your post! apologies!

You know my first thought was that i had too much Barclays footage in there, but friends said it looked alright. Im defo going to change it up a little now tho.
Im super glad i posted it here now...

Cheers.

Return to posts index

George Loch
on Mar 26, 2009 at 2:08:11 am

Hi Andrew,

I am seeing some good stuff in this reel. I think the main challenge for you is to decide who you are. This feels like a reel that doesn't know what it wants to be - Mograph, Camera, Editor? It feels like it's mostly mograph but your slate at the beginning indicates camera/editor. I would focus it on the thing you do well and go with it.

-gl

Freelance Designer
http://www.georgeloch.com

Return to posts index

andrew donaldson
on Mar 26, 2009 at 9:08:18 am

Yeah, I understand what you mean.

However, the job im in just now forces me to do everything (since im the only one in the department!) so I suppose i dabble in everything.

The mograph stuff sort of spawns from quiet days in the office, but i don't want to portray myself as a motion graphics designer (probably because i don't rate myself). So i would probably rather focus on editing to be honest.

Although saying that, I'll soon be moving to New Zealand where i think opportunities for work might force me not to be too choosy about either discipline!

Awesome feedback tho guys! thanks alot.

Andrew-

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]