FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is There Anyone Looking At This Forum?

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Jenkins
Is There Anyone Looking At This Forum?
on Feb 9, 2009 at 4:51:40 am

Back when demo reels were placed on the After Effects or Cinema 4D forums, my demo reel received several critiques after several days, which was great. But I'm seeing many demo reel entries on this forum that haven't received critiques, and they've been on here since last month. Is a this demo reel forum really working? There are many like me trying to improve their work and would love some help.

Thanks,

Steven

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Is There Anyone Looking At This Forum?
on Mar 24, 2009 at 12:56:31 am

My feeling is that the reels that get posted usually break the very suggestions that have already been made here. Everyone wants a quick fix to their reel, but viewers get weary of viewing ver. 1.0 reels. How many response posts have you read that said, "Waaaaay to long dude!"

Actually, I find myself viewing only the responses first....if I see some responses that say, "Hey, great job dude!" then I go back and watch the reel. Kind of selfish perhaps, but I am also looking for new work that is great stuff. This is the demo reels forum, and I suppose I can choose to work it that way since it is not called the "Help me with my Demo Reel" forum, even though that is how many approach this forum.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]