FORUMS: list search recent posts

From the Fashion World to the Motion World, Give Me Some Pointers Please!

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nina Ng
From the Fashion World to the Motion World, Give Me Some Pointers Please!
on Jan 31, 2009 at 12:22:19 am

Hi Everyone,

I've been working in the glamorous (not really) world of fashion since I graduated with a B.A. in graphic design in 2004. Although being an apparel graphic designer was filled with lots of fun and creativity (sometimes), I cannot help but think back to the good old days of college when I was taking an After Effect class. Oh the creativity and unless possibilities that allow me to actually capture my wildest imaginations onto a screen.

After months of weighing out the pros (challenging, fun, unless growth potential) and cons (no income, giving up my experience in the fashion industry to try to get a job in motion with no real motion experience, becoming a starving student again) of should I or should I not pursue a career in the motion graphics world, my decision is yes. It is the only way I won't look back further down the line and wonder what if.

So here I am, asking for all of you to put in your two cents. Below is a link to what is known as my online demo reel which I have traded in countless hours of hard work, tears of joy, tears of pain, and a gob of hair from frustration for. Although it is of rookie status, I would love to hear what you like, dislike, suggestions, statements, comments and anything else about it. If you have any tips on how I can make this transition into the world of motion graphics, please do tell!

http://www.avenue18.net/nina/reel.html

Thank you so very much for your time and feedback!
Nina

currently doing:
Eagerly clicking on the refresh button to see if anyone has given me any feedback yet.

Return to posts index

ann edwards
Re: From the Fashion World to the Motion World, Give Me Some Pointers Please!
on Feb 16, 2009 at 9:20:51 pm

Hi Nina

I am like you, trying to break into the new industry of video editing and motion graphics. My background is Performance Art and Interior Finishing.

I am currently planning my reel.

I found your reel really refreshing. I have looked at a bunch of demo reels online for motion graphics and in comparison, I found yours to have a very appealing fun and light touch with regards choice of music and a feeling of cohesiveness between all the elements.

thank you for sharing it.

deborah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]