FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking to expand...

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rena Pace
Looking to expand...
on Jan 30, 2009 at 5:10:24 pm

Hello everyone!
For the past few months I have been editing wedding videos for a local company. Now that wedding season has wound down, and I have some free time on my hands I am wanting to expand into other video genres. My problem however, is that all my footage to make a good demo are things that I cut for the wedding video company. I don't know if I can use a wedding video demo to apply for other types of editing jobs. I don't have a professional camera either. So I was wondering, should I rent one and shoot my own footage for a showreel, or are there good place to get stock footage and use that. Any tips on making a reel that I could use to attract many different clients would be greatly appreciated. I know I can do a range of editing, as I was originally a broadcast journalism major, and I am now doing wedding videos. Totally different stuff, but I love the craft. I don't care what type of video it is, as long as I get to tell the story!
Thanks for your replies

Return to posts index

randy johnson
Re: Looking to expand...
on Feb 20, 2009 at 7:58:13 am

Tough call... I think since thats what you have been doing you need to include some of it but I dont think wedding material alone is going to be enough on its own.

If your reel is being aimed at other production companies that you want to freelance for the image quality is not going to be an issue...shoot with what you have or use stock. The edit will be what's judged.
However if you are showing to a potential client directly they will most likely not be able to look past it.
What ever way you decide to go make sure that you are clear about what you did.

/Randy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]