FORUMS: list search recent posts

Online demo reel sites

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lori Miranda
Online demo reel sites
on Jan 21, 2009 at 9:32:23 pm

Hi there,

More and more people keep asking me if I have my reel online, which I don't. Where is the best place to post my reel without having to create a website. Eventually I would like to make my own website but just don't have the time now. I would like to get my reel online asap but don't want to go through You Tube, google videos, etc. Are there sites just for hosting demo reels?

Thanks for the help!

Lori

Return to posts index

denise quesnel
Re: Online demo reel sites
on Jan 23, 2009 at 1:08:09 am

I don't think there is, unless it is a pay service.

In all honesty there are so many more pros to having your own website at this point and few cons. You don't need to design a website, just host the reel on the index page. It is a really good idea to buy your domain name now too as you will want this in the future.

If you go with a service like Dreamhost, you can buy the domain name and hosting package in one go and have it set up with your FTP info within the day. The benefit of the big companies like Dreamhost is that they also support blogs like WordPress.

Return to posts index

Simon Stutts
on Feb 2, 2009 at 3:28:58 am

While I agree that you should definitely put together your own site, I'd recommend you take a look at vimeo.com.

They're generally higher-quality than the other video sites, and can handle full HD video, as well.

Return to posts index

George Loch
on Mar 26, 2009 at 2:00:07 am

It's actually very easy to have a good website with a reel on it now. The easiest approach is to use vimeo to host the reel and then to setup a blog on Blogspot and embed the reel on there. There are a number of themes around for Blogspot that you can tweak to personalize them.

-gl

Freelance Designer
http://www.georgeloch.com

Return to posts index

Rob Ruzic
on Apr 6, 2009 at 6:43:08 pm

You could try reel-exchange.com but I agree with others that vimeo's the way to go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]