FORUMS: list search recent posts

Check out my editor reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Fisher
Check out my editor reel
on Nov 28, 2008 at 8:54:55 pm

Hey, my twin brother and I have been updating our demo reel (primarily made as an editing reel, but we offer many other services, including having shot much of the footage in the reel)... we're currently working on upping the graphics, but would love your opinion on the 3:00 clip. I currently have a high quality version uploaded to my site (a very fast server), at 640x360, weighing in around 72MB. Obviously, for clients, I would provide a range of resolutions/file sizes, but the RED footage looks really crisp, w/h.264.

I think there's some fun stuff in there, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you all think!

http://www.beowulfstudios.com/downloads/film/reel_08.mov

Thanks!

-Joel

Return to posts index

Jim Harvey
Re: Check out my editor reel
on Nov 29, 2008 at 10:27:21 pm

That was just a bunch of fun. I liked the edit and loved the music. Who was that, and what was the name of the song?

The whole thing was very enjoyable. Perhaps a tiny bit too long, but very interesting and FUN! Well done. Something to be very proud of.

Jim Harvey
JHV Digital

Return to posts index

Joel Fisher
Re: Check out my editor reel
on Nov 29, 2008 at 11:27:34 pm

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

The name of the song is Mr. Hurricane, by Beast. It was the free single of the week on iTunes a few weeks back. So, you can now buy it for .99 cents! :) The middle piece is Fljótavík by Sigur Ros. If you don't know who Sigur Ros is, yet, you're in for a treat.

And yeah, we're going to tweak the end portion a little now to zip through some elements a little quicker, and cut the song a little shorter there. After that, and doubling the impact of the graphics by doing a bit of Motion work, I think it might really pop... and hopefully bring in some new work, since business here in LA seems a little slow, lately! :$

Thanks again. And if anyone else has thoughts, they're very much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]