FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stuck! How to make a Editors Demo Reel not a FX!!

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kiya Paris
Stuck! How to make a Editors Demo Reel not a FX!!
on Sep 22, 2008 at 6:13:27 am

Expert advise please on how to create my reel. Im confused on the structure of it. As I viewed most postings and responses, it seems they are more relevant to Motion Graphics, animation, etc...type reels. I am a editor with little experience with motion graphics... what is the format to putting together a reel consist of just music videos and talking head interview, events, (like entertainment tonight peices), and short pieces for companies' websites??

Ive been stuck on this and I need to submit a reel via a link or quicktime file to a potential client and I want to land the gig!!

please help me somebody, I know there a quite of few gurus in here :) thanks in advance..

" You can always get back what was lost except time wasted, so what are you waiting for"

Return to posts index

Kiya Paris
Re: Stuck! How to make a Editors Demo Reel not a FX!!
on Sep 22, 2008 at 7:18:56 am

sorry for the long post... but after looking at a couple more i noticed that for the "only editor's reel" they didnt cut a montage over music..basically most of them were about 5 minutes and more!! with the original audio to the peices.... so which way is better ?

" You can always get back what was lost except time wasted, so what are you waiting for"

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Sep 23, 2008 at 2:40:30 pm

Kiya---

For reels of this nature, for a particular gig, I lean towards creating something that shows work you have done of a similiar nature. Currently, for the company I work, I've created a generic open that shows some of the better shots, graphics & edited pieces cut to some music--fade to black, than it comes up on 3 or 4 videos that are related to whatever client we are trying to land. IE, if health related, videos that were done for local hospitals, health related products & health related topics.

Didn't show the entire video-just 30 to 45 seconds to give the feel and look. Also the videos chosen should show a wide range of styles. Each of these targeted demos last about 4 to 5 minutes. Longer than most of the mograph stuff you see in this forum. Finally, just close on a slate.

-Hope this was helpful-

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
http://www.ckandco.net

Return to posts index

Kiya Paris
on Sep 24, 2008 at 1:46:27 am

yes John it is very helpful. but for a general demo not geared for a particular company or a gig but in general just for me to have for being prepared purposes. like for last minute handouts or something And also basically you do a 30 second intro of everything, then you string the relevant videos with their original audio?

Thank you so much for your reply I waited for a while for someone to respond :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]