FORUMS: list search recent posts

Web Site..

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ron dejoseph
Web Site..
on Jul 16, 2008 at 3:36:24 pm

I'm trying to figure out the best way to start a website for my online reel...

I do not want to go the cheap route via YouTube...very unprofessional...

I work full time, but like most of you, freelance on the side...so, for prospective clients, I would like to be able to simply send them a link where the site would have my logo, reel, and contact info...simple right?

how do i do this?????

many thanks to my fellow creatives!

Return to posts index

Chris Sebes
Re: Web Site..
on Jul 16, 2008 at 6:39:57 pm

Many web hosting companies have "insta-websites" you can set up quickly if you're looking to do it yourself. You could also use Apple's iWeb which looks decent, too. Adobe GoLive and Dreamweaver are popluar WYSIWYG web editors along with Net Objects Fusion, and there are others I can't think of right now. God knows there are plenty of helpful people on The Cow to help you out.

But here's my suggestion...

Hire someone to design and build it for you. Are you a web designer or programmer? If not, then hire someone to do it. Focus your time and energy on doing what you do best. If you don't do web design well, then don't do it because it's only going to show. Spend the extra bucks and have someone who knows how to build, optimize, link, etc. If your website looks bad, it makes you look bad.

Peace.
Chris

Return to posts index

Del Holford
on Jul 16, 2008 at 7:34:46 pm

Hi Ron
You might talk to Joe Murray at Edit at Joes. He has done this for his business and could talk you through it. You could post up one of your Emmy winning editing composite reels and impress folks. :-)

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS3
Charlotte Public Television
del underscore edits at wtvi dot org

Return to posts index

George Loch
on Jul 16, 2008 at 7:38:39 pm

Hey Ron,

Send me a line and I can give you some options.

-gl

Prologue Media
http://www.prologuemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]