FORUMS: list search recent posts

new website and Demo Reels

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dana Burman
new website and Demo Reels
on May 27, 2008 at 3:54:38 pm

Hi, I've just relocated from Central Virginia to Western Washington (Tacoma) and in honor of that event (and to be able to communicate with potential clients) I have renovated my website and have cut together two new demo reels. One is Visual Effects oriented and the other covers Graphics, Animation, Arch-vis and DVD design.

The Demo Reels can be found in the 'Projects' section.
http://dwburman.com

There are still some finishing touches that need to be done to the site, but it's live.

Dana

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: new website and Demo Reels
on May 30, 2008 at 6:24:52 am

No offense but the name banner on the top of your website looks quite cheesy. Something I would expect to see on a teenagers personal website, not on the website of one who does visual work for a living.

I loved your stuff in the animation and graphics reel, it just seemed to long, especially the snowman part.

One more thing to consider is that on the web there is no reason to have your video letter boxed with black bars on top and bottom.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Dana Burman
Re: new website and Demo Reels
on Jun 4, 2008 at 5:06:56 am

1) cheesy title graphic: I'm sorry you see it that way. Maybe I'll give it some more attention later.

2) reel too long: You're probably right on that one. I'll have to trim it down some more.

3) reel aspect ratio: There is a lot of footage in the graphics reel that isn't widescreen so that reel doesn't need to be 16:9. The visual effects reel should be 16:9. I thought I was facing a limitation of the plug-in I used to display video on the website. I took a look at the .flv file. Somehow in the encoding process it got letterboxed and I need to fix it.

Thank you for your feed back.

http://dwburman.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]