FORUMS: list search recent posts

Website

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Holland
Website
on Apr 22, 2008 at 10:44:25 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to get some feedback on my website. I had the reel on before but now have it on the site. I tried to keep the site really simple but sharp looking. Interested in people's take on it. I made the backgrounds in Cinema 4d and used Homestead for the site since I have no web design experience. That may be the next thing to learn.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.hollandedit.com

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Chris Holland
Editor/Animation/Design
ChriHollandVideo.homestead.com

Return to posts index

Mark Espina
Re: Website
on May 20, 2008 at 2:20:27 am

nice clean site

interesting graphic

easy to navigate

reel took a while to load on my slow dsl connection

having the resume on the site is a plus - since I get info about you (although I'd be a little bit more cautious about putting my home address for everyone in the world to see)

nice - I like it

Return to posts index

Chris Holland
on May 21, 2008 at 9:27:23 pm

Mark,

Thanks for the feedback. The graphics were made in Cinema 4d. As far as the reel goes I have it embedded from Vimeo for speed purposes as opposed to buffering it from my website like the individual spots. It is faster on more computers now then it was before.

And thanks for the address info. That's on there from the "old days" when I always sent paper resumes and since it's how I always did it I didn't even think about it. I will be taking it off when I move.

Thanks again.

Chris Holland
Editor/Animation/Design
hollandedit.com

Return to posts index

John David Hutton
on May 20, 2008 at 1:07:02 pm

Hi Chris, the work looks great and you've put it together into a nice package. The animation was great on the pieces and you have some real attractive stuff put together.

A couple of things I noticed, I wouldn't start your piece on the guy with the green halo, I know the edging was intentional but it really just looks like a bad key when it's just sitting there waiting for the play button to be pressed. I'd start your reel on your graphic page instead.

The music didn't bother me until he started singing. He's got such a recognizable voice that it detracts attention away from your work, which is a number one reason to change / re-edit it.

Also, most freelancers pimp themselves out as being able to do everything which dilutes what you're -really- good at and what you really want to do. You'll have more of a chance getting attention if you narrow your focus and keep yourself in your intended audience's mind as being good at a certain thing (you'll be pigeon-holed whether you like it or not) to say motion graphics and not worry about the editing (which is becoming a common denominator for most motion graphic artists, unless you're doing a specialty editing job like editing a certain genre of television show or live event).

- MythProd
Mythical Studios
(John David Hutton)

Return to posts index

Chris Holland
on May 21, 2008 at 9:52:03 pm

John,

Thanks for the feedback and advice on the site. I changed the hold screen on the reel.

In terms of the freelance work I am really using the site as my online resume so I am linking it in e-mails when I apply for full-time jobs. I am not really looking for freelance work so hopefully that will all work itself out when I apply. So that hasn't been an issue yet.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Chris Holland
Editor/Animation/Design
hollandedit.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]