demo reel up at http://www.matthewaskinazi.com

the good/the bad/ the doesnt evn work

anybody??

Return to posts index

Rory Brennan
Re: demo reel
on Apr 10, 2008 at 4:52:21 pm

I guess I have something to say.
The site took a CRAZY amount of time to load. I don't know if this is because you host this on a slow server or you haven't compressed the site enough. I initially thought that this was becasue i was downloading the reel, but it turned out to not be so. (By the way, i have cable internet)
When I went to to your reel it also took a long time to download, so much so that after it getting half way through with plenty of stops and starts... I gave up.
I believe this is a reasonable response to expect from potential clients. You need to make life easy for people to see your work. Intuitive interface, few clicks as possible etc. Currently, your site looks great, it just lacks a degree of functionality. Also, you might want to consider having some information about yourself. What are you about? What type of work do you do? As in, a bio page.
As for the reel itself, as said i didn't see it all but from what i did see, it looked good.

Rory Brennan
Editor
New York City

"Have a nice day!"

Return to posts index

Fost Longstrider
on Apr 10, 2008 at 6:57:23 pm

I have to agree with the earlier post. Did looked promising from the opening, which was all i could get to.

Return to posts index

Matthew Askinazi
on Apr 10, 2008 at 7:03:22 pm

agreed...compression is badly needed!!

Return to posts index

Matthew Askinazi
on Apr 11, 2008 at 4:28:35 am

OK...site and reel have been compressed, should load faster....any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Rory Brennan
on Apr 11, 2008 at 2:34:10 pm

Much better.
I like that you let the clips play out, so I can see your work. A lot of reels focus on who you've worked for, not the work itself.
You should obviously aim to get a bit more work into it.

Great Work!

RB

Rory Brennan
Editor
New York City

"Have a nice day!"

Return to posts index

Jeff Asher
on May 20, 2008 at 4:36:25 pm

I like the site. It's cool, stylized, fairly easy to navigate.

I think it takes too many clicks to get to your reel. One for the site itself, then reel page, then "Launch," and finally playing the actual reel.

The site for me also loaded in a very tiny window that I had to expand, so that's even more clicks (I'm on a Mac using Safari).

Finally and I think most importantly I almost immediately stopped watching your reel because you used an Andrew Kramer tutorial without changing anything. That's a big no no. Plus it made me wonder if everything else was just from tutorials as well. Create more original content definitely, don't include tutorial stuff.

My two cents.

I really liked some of your photography though. Where were the mountain ones taken?

Return to posts index

Matthew Askinazi
on May 20, 2008 at 7:52:41 pm

I know..I tried to overlook the graffiti because of the guy dancing in front but thanks for pointing that out..its true.

The mountain pics are the countrysides lining the Swiss Alps. Most serene place on earth.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]