FORUMS: list search recent posts

A demo for critique please help.

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mario Mendez
A demo for critique please help.
on Apr 8, 2008 at 6:24:06 pm

Hello everyone.

I am an avid/finalcut editor in vegas and am posting my reel online for some helpful feedback and comments. I'm looking to gain a position in neighboring LA or in just a kick ass post house and am in process of sprucing up the old reel. This is a first take please let me know what you think.

http://www.randomcity.com/MendezDemo.html

Thanks its appreciated.
Mario

Return to posts index

George Burbano
Re: A demo for critique please help.
on Apr 9, 2008 at 1:06:16 pm

Hi Mario,

I really liked it overall, I thought the music, was a little faster than the video though. If you had gotten music to match more the speed of the video or vice versa, I think it would have been phenomenal. Now Im not sure, are you just displaying your editing skills, or did you do everything including the graphics, in the reel. The only reason I ask, is cause if you are just editing, than the motion graphics, seem to indicate that you did the graphics, my thought only, is that if you are displaying your editing style and technique, than graphics probably dont belong in it. But if you did the graphics, and the editing, than your skills are truly more than just editing. (not to diminish in anyway the sole art or skill of editing, when I say just editing).

Bottom line, you obviously are skilled, and the reel is very good.

Return to posts index

Mario Mendez
on Apr 9, 2008 at 4:06:18 pm

Thanks George for the feedback. I should have mentioned it but I also created the graphics as well as edited it. I was just trying to find a good mix between the two. But I appreciate the feedback and will take it to heart.

Anybody else have input? I would like to hear it before I put another pass on this reel.
Thanks Again.

Mario

Hollywood quality isn't always found in Hollywood.

Return to posts index

Rory Brennan
on Apr 10, 2008 at 4:59:36 pm

Great Work!
I might agree with George a little on the amount of GFX.
Anyway overall, it is slick (maybe needs a slight bit of tightening up). Though I would get rid of the shot pulling out from Earth. It is no where near as strong as the others.

RB

Rory Brennan
Editor
New York City

"Have a nice day!"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]