FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aww, my first demo reel...Love for you to see it!

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett McCullough
Aww, my first demo reel...Love for you to see it!
on Feb 26, 2008 at 3:03:38 am

Here is my first reel. I am predominantly a videographer/editor but have started working with after effects for a couple months now. Please, by all means, give me some feedback. the good, the bad...the insensitive.

http://reel-exchange.com/members/cf87fe51/profile/2ee457601d9c3527fd5e15ba1...

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
Re: Aww, my first demo reel...Love for you to see it!
on Feb 27, 2008 at 10:13:57 pm

I think your reel is okay...the reason it's not great is the stuff on your reel is too mixed up.
Perhaps you need a reel for each of your specialties, or at least feature one at a time(maybe with a slate identifying what we're looking at).

Some of your editing was nice but some of it was weak. The same for your videography. You should only use your best stuff.

You clearly have some talent, but if I were looking at demo reels and came across yours, I'd be confused. I'm also not a big fan of using copyrighted music in a demo. That issue has been argued over and over again here on the cow.

On a positive note I liked the energy and movement of your reel.

Return to posts index

Vincent Becquiot
on Mar 5, 2008 at 6:19:43 am

I pretty much agree here. I like your motion graphics sections, and some of the videos, the guy against the wall for example, but some of the others look like home videos, and I dont think they belong here.

Cheers,

Vince

Return to posts index

Colin McQuillan
on Mar 8, 2008 at 7:42:39 am

[Vincent Becquiot] "I pretty much agree here. I like your motion graphics sections, and some of the videos, the guy against the wall for example, but some of the others look like home videos, and I dont think they belong here"

Ditto, There was some good looking stuff off the top, then out of no where the shot of the guy at the drums pops up?! . I wasn't sure if that was in there just for a laugh or not. On another note, the pacing of your cuts was decent!

Also, I noticed a lav mic clipped on the outside of a T-shirt, with the wire exposed, running down the front. That's a BIG pet peeve of mine. Also in another shot the tripod was in the BG. If you're thinking about any doc videography, or interview shooting, aesthetics are very important.

Colin McQuillan
Vancouver BC

Octo 3.2, 8gig, 8800GT, 2x23" ACD, 2TB G-Speed eS, Kona LHe....
MBP 2.4, 4gig , 2xLacie Quadra 500gig....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]