FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Reel.

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Spiker
New Reel.
on Jan 25, 2008 at 5:06:44 am

Hey,

I just finished a demo reel, and I'd like to know what you think. The link is http://homepage.mac.com/heroic2/iMovieTheater46.html . The final will be hosted on a much more professional looking site, but .mac works fine for here. Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.

Kyle.

Return to posts index

Brian Thomson
Re: New Reel.
on Feb 1, 2008 at 12:10:57 am

That was really tightly edited, and very impressive work. I did seem to loose a little interest when the music slowed down.

Return to posts index

Kyle Spiker
on Feb 1, 2008 at 7:09:11 am

Thanks for the input. I do see what you mean about losing interest. I was trying to get some clips in there that really didn't fit the pace that everything else was moving at. The Disney stuff is just so slow that I thought the viewer needed a little more time to see what was happening. I would cut it, except that it's Disney, and higher profile.

I also created a version where it scrolls through explaining what I did in every shot. I think that one actually helps keep the viewer interested during the slower parts, because they have enough time to look down and read it before the next clip comes. It also helps show what was done, like the tattoo one doesn't really show that the tat was never there. Any suggestions on how to keep interest during those two sections? Or is it so minor that I shouldn't even bother?

Thanks for the feedback,

Kyle.

Return to posts index

Chris Holland
on Feb 6, 2008 at 1:53:08 pm

Kyle,

Great job. It makes me feel like my reel is amatuer. I wasn't bored with it when the music slowed but that work is on another level than mine. I like how you showed the compositing as well. I personally wouldn't change anything.

Nice.

Chris Holland

Chris Holland
Production Manager
Icarus Communications
icaruscommunications.com

Return to posts index

heather Crank
on Feb 21, 2008 at 4:19:35 am

Hey Kyle,

Really nice work. My only suggestion is to shorten the length a bit. Leave the client wanting more.

Heather

Return to posts index

Max Miller
on Apr 16, 2008 at 3:25:20 am

Oh well, I was planning on leaving the industry anyway. I hope you never want the same job I want. That was crazy good.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]