Hey everybody. My name is Luke Pearson and I am a film and communication studies major at the university of north carolina at wilmington. I'm doing an independent study on demo reels and what role they play in the hiring of new media professionals. I'm trying to get peoples opinions or views on some questions. If you could help me out with these by answering the questions and stating your name, profession, position, and location. Thanks so much for any help.
1) are demo reels required to be submitted for new hires at your job?
2) How crucial is a demo reel in the selection process for new hires?
3) Do reels need to show specialized work that refers to that company or a reel that shows all past work and abilities?
4) How long should a reel be?
5) What format should it be submitted in? (DVD, Mini DV, etc.)
6) Are online reels a possibility?
Thanks so much for any help. I've researched this for a few months now so I have my own opinions. I just need some from real media professionals and I knew I could count on the COW.