FORUMS: list search recent posts

demo tape help

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Valachi
demo tape help
on Dec 14, 2007 at 3:16:24 am

Alright everyone. I need some advice. I'm applying to a film arts program. I've met all the requirements except,

For Directors: a letter of application citing your goals in joining the Film Arts Program, and a video portfolio (VHS, mini-dv, or DVD) of maximum six minutes to which he or she has contributed in a key creative role of director, actor, cinematographer or editor. These will not be returned.

So I need some suggestions. I don't really have the best equipment for myself to film or shoot myself. I was thinking I could maybe make a music video?

Anyways, hope someone can help a beginner out.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Kim Huston
Re: demo tape help
on Dec 18, 2007 at 7:23:18 pm

Have you made anything in the past that you directed and feel represents your skills?

If it's your first time, something like a music video is probably a good idea. Bad acting in something like a drama or really... anything... could make you look bad. So choosing a genre that doesn't require sync sound is ideal.

Return to posts index

Vincent Valachi
Re: demo tape help
on Dec 19, 2007 at 9:26:33 am

yes, this is my first time directing something. I've actually just got Adobe After Affects and done a lot of small effects.

I'm thinking a music video would be great. Anyways, I'll figure something out I guess and send it with my application.

Wish me luck,

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]