FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hot reel coming through... UPDATED

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thedanimal
Hot reel coming through... UPDATED
on Nov 21, 2007 at 7:10:18 pm

So I took what you had to say, Heather, and made some changes. I took out the shot at the end and created a whole new outro that would match the intro. I added my contact info and some sound effects, hope you like the new version.

Return to posts index

heather Crank
Re: Hot reel coming through... UPDATED
on Nov 21, 2007 at 11:05:36 pm

Love it! The ending feels so much more polished! Really great job! I really love that song by feist.

Good luck!

Heather

Return to posts index

thedanimal
on Nov 22, 2007 at 8:04:01 pm

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Return to posts index

steveydabeat
on Nov 25, 2007 at 12:36:27 pm

Hey.. I watched your demo and really liked it. I like Feist but frankly, instead of supporting your work, I think the music actually tends to overpower it. I just saw it 5 minutes ago and what's stays in my head is the song and not your images. Just my 2 cents..

Return to posts index

thedanimal
on Nov 25, 2007 at 4:12:09 pm

I totally understand that sentiment. Choosing that song was one of those situations where I listened to a thousand songs with my reel and only that song seemed to fit the pace of my work. The difficulty in finding a song was that it needed to be slow but still have energy which is a difficult combination to find. If you have any song suggestions for my next reel I'm open to feedback.

Return to posts index

FlowMotion
on Nov 27, 2007 at 5:25:13 pm

Dan,

Nice work! Your reel is really fun to watch. I didn't think the music was too much; it just adds to the fun quirkiness. I wish I had more opportunity to do show openers.

Return to posts index

HatkowProductions
on Dec 6, 2007 at 4:29:16 am

Very cool! I am just learning motion graphics, so I understand the hours and hours that went into this! It really paid of for you, nice work!

Scott

Return to posts index

lukewarm13
on Dec 12, 2007 at 3:59:13 pm

Great reel. What kind of work are you in or hoping to get in?

What are the legal requirements for using a copyrighted song in a demo reel?......I'm in the process of editing my reel and just wanted to know what I'm able to do and not do. Thanks.

Return to posts index

TheDanimal
on Dec 12, 2007 at 5:53:36 pm

The majority of the time it's not going to be an issue, but there is a very small chance of the copyright owner asking you to remove the song. It's a risk that I assumed, but that choice is up to you.

And as for what kind of work I'd like to do... I don't really have any idea, thats why I'm putting together this reel, to see what my opportunities are. Maybe broadcast television graphics, who knows?

Return to posts index

Fost
by
on Dec 26, 2007 at 6:10:26 pm

LOL i love it! Music does stick in my head, but your visuals go with music now, and that's a good thing. Thanks
fost

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]