FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hot reel coming through...

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thedanimal
Hot reel coming through...
on Nov 8, 2007 at 5:27:01 am

I just finished a rough of my demo reel tonight. I work for a church doing their motion graphics, so accordingly most of my work shares the same theme. I only had a few projects that I wanted to put on the reel so I ended up using a lot of each project in the reel. What do you love? What do you hate? Also, I'm thinking of putting my contact info on the main menu of my DVD and not on the reel itself, is that a faux pas? Penny for your thoughts...
-Dan

Return to posts index

heather Crank
Re: Hot reel coming through...
on Nov 8, 2007 at 9:24:19 pm

Wow! That's not what I expected! Really nice work!

That said, I'd cut out the comet over the earth with the flames and just start as it's zooming into the cityscape. The end piece is a little weak, I'd end with something stronger. I was told that the beginning and end pieces should be the strongest work.

Nice work!

H

Return to posts index

thedanimal
on Nov 8, 2007 at 11:00:02 pm

Thanks Heather, that's helpful. I felt like the last shot worked because the music energy really slows down at the end, but I think you're right that it isn't technically or artistically amazing. I might edit the song a little bit shorter and just cut out that scene all together. My reel is pretty short as it is, but hey, I think shorter is always better. Is it going to be a problem if I put my contact info on the DVD menu and not on my reel?

Return to posts index

heather Crank
on Nov 8, 2007 at 11:22:54 pm

I'd try to work in your contact info with your opening graphic and put it on your dvd menu as well.

Good luck!

Heather

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Nov 19, 2007 at 2:43:42 am

As Heather says, very unexpected. Very creative and nicely executed. Great use of symbolism and especially depth. Lots of surprises and pretty complex compositions.

Bravo.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]