FORUMS: list search recent posts

demo reel feedback por favor

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MataAtlantica
demo reel feedback por favor
on Oct 25, 2007 at 3:38:10 am

i've been living and working in brazil for a few years. now i am heading back to the states. that's why my demo is in portuguese. aside from being in a foreign language, what do you think?

(please excuse the crappy youtube compression)

Return to posts index

MataAtlantica
Re: demo reel feedback por favor
on Oct 25, 2007 at 4:12:33 am

(sorry for double post, but it wouldn't let me edit my original)

Return to posts index

MataAtlantica
on Oct 25, 2007 at 3:56:31 pm

is there anybody out there?

Return to posts index

Jeffrey B.
on Oct 26, 2007 at 4:02:26 am

Good stuff. It looks like a motion graphics reel, so cut out all of the regular video footage. And reorder the footage so your best work is first.

Return to posts index

MataAtlantica
on Oct 26, 2007 at 3:04:13 pm

Thanks for the feedback Jeffrey. I was trying to demonstrate that I can do both. Maybe it is better to have two separate reels: one for editing and one for motion graphics.

Return to posts index

Jeffrey B.
on Oct 28, 2007 at 5:26:45 am

If you want both editing and motion graphics then you definitely need two separate reels. You will be able to concentrate on the strengths of each skill set with two separate reels. Motion graphics clients aren't looking for someone to edit, and editing clients aren't looking for someone to do motion graphics. If you get a client who wants both, then show them both reels.

For an editing reel, show some longer sequences. That's ultimately what the client is looking for, not a 5 second clip. The exact length is hard to say, but somewhere between 15 seconds to a minute.

I would also include your name AND contact information at the beginning and end of the reel. That way they won't have to look at anything other than the reel to immediately know how to contact you.

And remember, always your best work first. If you can't wow them in the first 10 seconds, you've already lost.

Return to posts index

heather Crank
on Nov 7, 2007 at 3:28:54 pm

yep, I agree 2 different reels. Having them together dilutes the strength of your work.

Nice work!

H

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]